Cook- Penn Place
- Full Time
1 Pennsylvania Place
Ottumwa, IA 52501, US
- More Information
Pennsylvania Place is a retirement community that encompasses everything necessary for our tenants to make the rest of their life, the best of their life. With a caring and knowledgeable team, Pennsylvania place offers patio homes, independent living, assisted living, and memory support.
We have a full-time cook position available. Hours are 5 days a week from 10 AM – 6:30 PM with every 3rd Friday/Saturday/Sunday off.
Job Summary: The cook will assist in the operation of the kitchen, dining room, dish room, and related storage spaces. This position will also, substitute for the dietary manager when that person is not on-site and have the overall responsibility for operating the dietary department in a quality manner. Great starting wage & flexible schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare food and assist in serving in the dining room.
- Wash dishes.
- Clean kitchen and dining room.
- Follow cleaning schedule.
- Use Personal Protective Equipment, as required.
- Use proper body mechanics for lifting, pushing and pulling.
- Report unsafe conditions to the Dietary Manager and/or Director.
- Maintain sanitation in all areas.
- Fill in, as needed or requested.
- Respond to smoke and fire alarm systems.
- Comply with regulations regarding hair covering and hand protection during food preparation.
- Attend all staff in-services or mandatory meetings.
- Attend food service meetings.
- Complete work orders when maintenance needs arise.
- Perform cleaning duties, as assigned.
- Prepare dining room for meals.
Full-time employees receive:
- Competitive wages and benefits package
- Earn while you learn opportunities
- Career advancement opportunities
- A great team to work with
- Support for your Dietary Supervisor and Corporate Chef
Experience in food service and cooking is preferred but we will train the right individual.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com or by calling 641-684-4000
We are an equal opportunity employer.