The Haven is our memory support community. From our individualized compassionate care plans and the purposeful layout of our community to our daily engagements that focus on physical and cognitive stimulation, and quality of life. Every aspect of our memory support program is designed around each tenant.
We understand that providing the familiarity of home, a supportive environment and consistency in care is an important part of helping our tenants thrive. Our quaint and secure community offers private apartments that are furnished by the tenants’ family with the comforts of home. Our small size offers ease of access to living, dining and activity areas and allows our professionally trained staff to support and guide tenants as needed.
- 24-hour monitoring by trained caregivers
- Housekeeping/laundry services
- Three nutritious meals daily
- Maintenance and utilities
- 24-hours emergency call pendant including an alert in the bathroom
- Engaging life enrichment activities programs
- Scheduled transportation to appointments
Our private apartments provide a comfortable space for tenants to enjoy but are small enough to help reduce misplacement of items that sometimes can cause frustration for those living with dementia.
- A secure outdoor courtyard
- A community social lounge
- A number of engaging games and activities to use independently or with a friend or guided by a staff member.
- We are conveniently located near Ottumwa Regional Health Center.